What if, one day, you wake up and are robbed of all the sweet dishes by your family? You can no longer eat any sweet dishes.
Eating food is generally in the form of complex carbohydrates, which are further broken down by our digestive enzymes and later used by our body in the form of glucose. How to control diabetes? Glucose is the primary energy ingredient that is needed for our body to function. Glucose alone can also be problematic for our body; this is where insulin plays a major role in our body. Let’s find the answers to these questions in the blog.
How is energy currency generated?
To know how to control diabetes, you first need to know about the energy currency. Insulin is a hormone that is secreted by the beta cells of the pancreatic gland. Insulin, when secreted, enters the cell and brings the glut transporters to the cell’s surface, thus making the cell ready to accept the glucose, and further, the glucose is broken down to form ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate). This is the energy currency spent in all of the reactions going in the body. The ATP is converted to ADP, which is then converted to ATP using the process, and the cycle goes on and on. The main problem arises when glucose is unable to enter the cell.
Worst disease diabetes
Diabetes is a common disorder that generally means the frequent passage of urine (polyurea). Diabetes Mellitus means the body is removing glucose through urination, therefore, there is a need for the management of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Mellitus is generally of 2 different types, Type I and Type II.
a.) Type I- This is insulin-dependent Diabetes Mellitus. This kind of disease generally occurs before 40 years of age and is unrelated to any lifestyle. Beta cells are not performing correctly in this case.
Insulin, in this case, is not secreted in the right amount, which causes diabetes.
b.) Type II- This is insulin-independent diabetes mellitus. All cells are working in normal conditions. Therefore, insulin is secreted in the correct amount.
This is caused due to lifestyle issues and is generally caused to obese people. This usually occurs after 40 years of age.
Now in both cases, the cells are unable to take glucose which is not beneficial for the body. So, now you have to avoid eating chocolates or such sweet substances which are rich in sugar for easy management of diabetes mellitus. Here Is it legal to sell diabetic test strips and other diabetic supplies?
There are two cases now:
- In the case of type I diabetes either we can provide extra insulin, which can act as a supplement for insulin. Thus, this can be a temporary solution for diabetes.
- In the case of type II diabetes, the receptors that allow glucose to enter the cells become unresponsive. So certain drugs can help in this case, like Metformin.
Do’s and Dont’s
People with diabetes have to face many resistances; they can’t eat sweet dishes or anything sweet. So, they should watch out for what they eat for uncomplicated management of diabetes mellitus.
- One should avoid white bread, white rice, and deep fried instead; they should opt for wheat bread, chapatis, etc.
- Fruits are rich sources of fiber, multivitamins, and antioxidants. Eating Bananas, Papayas, Coconut water, etc. always keeps one healthy, and it will always keep sugar levels in check. Also, one should avoid tinned and canned foods as they have sugars and preservatives, which can be harmful.
- Vegetables are good for a person with diabetes, like spinach, tomato, cucumber, etc., but it becomes harmful once they start eating fried ones.
- Proteins are also good for the body, like chicken, fish, rajma moong, etc. One should always remove processed or frozen meat from their diet.
- You should always remove full-fat dairy products from your daily routine. You can always go for unflavoured low-fat Dahi and milk.
- You should always go for a walk as diabetes accounts for the building of fat, and as a result, one always has the risk of developing heart disease. So, it would help if you always went for a walk, as it decreases the fat deposits in the body.
- You should also do some yoga as it increases the oxygen level and increases blood flow which may increase insulin.
You can also contact your doctor to help you properly decide on your diet. In addition, one can go jogging and exercise, which can benefit you on how to control diabetes.
The secret to remaining fit
The real struggle with the management of diabetes mellitus is controlling and monitoring the blood glucose level. One cannot change the routine and diet overnight. After all, the body will need time to adapt to new routine changes. Therefore, the trick is to plan and prepare everything and execute it one by one. A diet with carbohydrate counting and changing the physical routine and habits as per body and lifestyle can make it easy to manage diabetes.