The QuickBooks Clean Install Tool can be used to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop to resolve many QB Desktop issues. Your QuickBooks software may be fixed by a clean installation. Therefore, you must follow the entire Clean Installation process. This involves uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, renaming the installation folders, and then reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop using the QB clean install utility. You might think it’s complicated, but it’s actually quite simple.
Why do we need the QuickBooks Clean Installation Utility?
The QuickBooks clean install tool Exe must be used to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application.
- An error may occur when you try to open multiple company files.
- If QuickBooks displays an error message,
- A simple QuickBooks reinstall didn’t help you fix common error codes.
Be Careful When Installing QuickBooks Desktop With Clean Install Tool
To prevent data loss or file corruption, you need to take certain precautions before you begin the Clean Installation QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop Application.
- Notify us about your product year and version.
- Keep your data safe by backing up all company files.
- After uninstallation and restart, the QuickBooks desktop application will prompt you for your Product Number and License. You can find this information in the original packaging or in the confirmation email.
How to use the QuickBooks Clean Installation Tool for QB Desktop
Clean Installation QB Desktop with Quickbooks Clean Install Tool Repairs many software files. Three main steps are required to install QB Clean Install Utility.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Modify the name of your installation folders
- Install QuickBooks on Your Desktop
Step 1: Disable QuickBooks Desktop
To begin the clean installation of QuickBooks, you must first uninstall/remove the previous version from your Windows system.
- Open the Control Panel located on your computer.
- Uninstall or select programs from there.
- Choose the version of QuickBooks Desktop you are experiencing problems from the list.
- To uninstall QB Desktop, click on the Change/Uninstall link at the top.
Step 2 – Use the Clean Install Tool
The Clean Install Tool names old folders. This feature allows you to reinstall QuickBooks and create new files as necessary.
- Open quickbooks tool hub and select Installation Issues.
- Next click on Clean install Tool and then OK.
- Select your QuickBooks version, then click Continue.
- Click OK to confirm that the message “Please install QuickBooks at the default location” has been displayed.
- Once the process is complete, you can begin reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 3 – Rename the QuickBooks Install Folder Manually to Disable the QB Desktop
You will need to manually rename folders if you’re using QuickBooks 2020 or an earlier version.
- You must first display files that are hidden using these steps.
- Windows 10 – Click on the folder icon to open File Explorer. Select Hidden items from the View tab.
- Windows 8/8.1 – Use Windows + E to simultaneously open File Explorer Select Hidden or Extension files from the View tab.
- To open File Explorer, click on the Windows icon.
- Locate the folder called QuickBooks folder.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Right-click the folder to choose the Rename option. Enter the word “old” at end. QB will not be able to open the folder while it’s being reinstalled.
- You can then reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on the Windows Task Bar and select Task Manager
- Next, click the Processes tab. Next, click on the Processes tab.
- Further, select the following processes and then End Process for each: QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe.
- Click on Yes to accept the message “WARNING! Terminating an operation could lead to undesirable outcomes …”””
- You can finally reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
To rename folders within your QB desktop, you can download QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the below steps:
- First, insert the CD into the computer.
- If you have purchased QuickBooks from Intuit, you can get the most recent version of QuickBooks at the QuickBooks Product Download Page.
- After downloading the setup, you will be asked for your product number and license number. These numbers are found on the CD box and online order email.
You can finish the remaining steps with the help of a wizard.
- Next, click Accept to agree to the license agreement terms. Click again on Next.
- Enter your Product Number or License number by clicking Next.
- Select the Installation type to make your accounting easier. However, the Recommended should be chosen.
- Click Next, then click Install. Click Next to install QuickBooks on your computer.
- Once installation is complete click on Open QuickBooks.